Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Blogger Beta Dashboard

Someone commented in my beta blog in this post: Blogger Beta: Adding a working Google AdSense searchbar and link unit to the Header.
Her comment: "Maybe someone will actually answer me? I am using blogger beta, but I have NONE of the wrappers you have shown when I try to edit HTML. In fact, there isn't even a link to "add a page element" under the Templates heading. Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated!"

My guess is perhaps she is using the Blogger classic template, and not the beta template. So, I am uploading a screenshot of what a Dashboard would look like in Blogger beta. If she is using the beta template, she should see "Layout" on the extreme right of the blog (Circled in red). If the blog uses a classic template, instead of seeing "Layout", she will see "Template" instead. See screenshot below (click to enlarge)
Blogger Beta Dashboard