Note: This is a sticky post, which means this will always remain at the top of the home page. Updates will be after this post.
Get Picassa - Google's Photo Software. It is FREE and you can do a lot with Picasa. You can download and install Picasa direct from this blog via the "Make your PC more useful. Get the free Google Pack." referral text link at the top of the right sidebar. Google Pack have many components from which you can pick and chose. Picasa is one. Others include FireFox with Google toolbar, Spyware Doctor, and many others. That "Make your PC more useful. Get the free Google Pack." link in the left sidebar will take you to a page where you can see what is available and pick and choose what you want.
For Blogger bloggers, you can blog direct from Picasa, just click the "Blog this" icon in the toolbar of the program (see screenshot below)
You can also now blog direct to Blogger beta from Picasa. See post Testing Blog This from Picasa.
What other things can you do with Picasa software?
* One-click web upload using Picasa’s new “Web Album” button
* Free storage space to post and share approximately 1000 photos, with the option to upgrade to more space
* High-quality photos, automatically resized and optimized to fill available screen space
* Pre-loaded images enable quick scrolling using arrow keys, and mimic a desktop experience of “flipping” through photos, even on the web
* End-to-end photo management that makes it easy to download uploaded photos back to your computer
* Each Picasa Web Albums account comes with 250MB of free storage space.