Friday, March 14, 2008

What update is this: Windows XP Pro, Nortan Internet Security or malware?

I frequently get pop-ups like what you see in the screenshot at the left. There is no indication of whether it is an update for Windows XP Pro, Norton Internet Security or someone trying to trick me into installing malware into my computer. I know if I am to call Microsoft, they will refer me to the reseller. There is no support for Norton products. If you know how to get support from them, I hope you will help me and let me know how to contact Norton support. Now my only recourse is to call up Thunder Match at Digital Mall, Section 14, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia whose contact is as follows:

Lot 2-03,04&05,
Digital Mall,
no.2 Jln 14/20 ,
SS14, 46100
Petaling Jaya ,
Selangor
Tel : +60 3 7954 5589,
Fax : +60 3 7954 5589

I am going to call them as soon as I publish this post and will keep you updated with the result.